June 24 - 28
The 57th Annual Lompoc Valley Flower
The Lompoc Valley Flower
Festival is held on the last full
weekend in June.
It begins on the Wednesday before that weekend and goes through
(Lompoc is approximately 20 minutes from Buellton)
Lompoc is the home of the Vandenberg Air Force Missile
Base. Tours are available.
hidden treasure of the Pacific Coast Highway
Murals in the Valley of the Flowers
(click above for 5 page sample)
Climate: most temperate climate on Earth
Lompoc Valley Chamber of Commerce: 805-736-4567
Please mention you found them from www.solvangca.com. Thank
Things to do and see: Visit La
Purisima State Historical Park (805-733-3713)
Antiques & Collectables - 115 W. Ocean Ave. 740-0388.
- Ride through hundreds of acres of fragrant colorful flower fields
- Tour the City's Mural Walk (41 murals) and it's free - great!
- Walk miles of unspoiled undeveloped beach
- Jalama Beach Park: wind surfing beach
- Tour Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- Golf courses in the area 2 public and 1
- Endeavor Space Camp
- Lompoc Museum houses Chumash Indian artifacts
- City indoor pool
- Hancock College (new site)
Information call: (800)240-0999
April: Spring Arts Festival, Tours of Commercial
June: Marathon & Half-marathon, Annual Flower
Festival, Annual Alpha Club Flower show
July: Piper Cub Fly-In, Space Week, Valley Annual
September: Pioneer Reunion
October: Golf Championships, La
Harvest Arts Festival, Mural-In-A-Day
- Vandenberg Air Force Base
Tour of the Valley
Passport (Gateway Magazine)
1998 1999, 2000, 2001 - 2009SOLVANGCA.COM. All Rights Reserved.
graphics, HTML and contents of this website are protected by US and
International copyright laws. ejr1/01