Museum Index

SYV Home

The Valley Room, Pioneer Room, Jeannette Lyons

Farm Annex, Blacksmith Shop,

Museum Store

Indian Room,West Room, Courtyard

synez1a.gif (1231 bytes)

solvang1a.gif (1181 bytes)


One of the finest of its kind in the West, the Carriage House was dedicated to the late Tom Parks and Fred Bixby by Mrs. Betty Parks and Mrs. Elizabeth Bixby Janeway. This impressive building houses an outstanding collection of more than 35 horse drawn vehicles.  Included are surreys, stage coaches, phaetons, carts, broughams, and buckboard wagons, as well as a hitch wagon, dray, runabout, hearse, hunt wagon, shooting brake, and military supply wagon.  Many are on permanent loan from the Los Adobes de los Rancheros.  Also featured are beautiful silver-mounted saddles, harnesses, and other equestrian gear.  

More Silver Saddles

More Carriages

BLACKSMITH SHOPspr2clr.gif (8678 bytes)

A complete blacksmith shop can be seen to the rear of the Carriage House and Valley Room.  Most of the items displayed have come from Anderson's Blacksmith Shop and various ranch blacksmith shops that operated in the Santa Ynez Valley.


solvang1.gif (1525 bytes) santaynez1.gif (691 bytes)

Santa Ynez Historical Society